Cartouche in CC3+

Hey! I've been creating a map in the Mercator style, using the one from Cartographer Annual 2007. To create it I've been following the mapping guide, and all has been going well except for one thing. Whenever I try to create a cartouche with the map title, the cartouche only shows up on the two circle parts of the globe and the rest of the cartouche disappears. I've included a picture of the map to show what it looks like when the map is redrawn. Is there anything I'm missing? I'm new to CC3+ and still getting through the learning curve. Thanks!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I think if you check which sheet your cartouche is on you may find that its underneath the sheet with the border on it.

Use 'List' on the Info menu to find out what sheet the cartouche is on, and if it is on the wrong sheet use change properties to move it to the right one.

If its on the right sheet but the sheet itself is underneath the sheet with the border, you may need to move that sheet down the list of sheets to near the bottom so that it shows. If there are other things on that same sheet which need to stay where they are, you might need to create a new sheet just for the cartouche at the bottom of the list of sheets and move the cartouche to the new sheet.

I hope I haven't just confused you!
  • <blockquote><cite>Posted By: Loopysue</cite>I think if you check which sheet your cartouche is on you may find that its underneath the sheet with the border on it.

Use 'List' on the Info menu to find out what sheet the cartouche is on, and if it is on the wrong sheet use change properties to move it to the right one.

If its on the right sheet but the sheet itself is underneath the sheet with the border, you may need to move that sheet down the list of sheets to near the bottom so that it shows. If there are other things on that same sheet which need to stay where they are, you might need to create a new sheet just for the cartouche at the bottom of the list of sheets and move the cartouche to the new sheet.

I hope I haven't just confused you!</blockquote>

Nope, you didn't confuse me. You described what to do clearly, and it worked! I was so focused on layers that I didn't even think about the sheets. Thanks for your help!
  • <blockquote><cite>Posted By: JimP</cite>Fascinating map !</blockquote>

Thanks!
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    You're welcome :)

I think you must be better at interpreting my instructions than I am. On second reading I totally confused myself! LOL!
  • I was so focused on layers that I didn't even think about the sheets.
    If you're used to working nor common graphics programs, that happens. It can be a big confusing at first that CC has something called layers, and they aren't used the way layers are in most programs. What you would do with layers in, say Photoshop, you do with sheets in CC.