vector symbols sinking onto Symbols sheet

Hi, I'm more or less finished a City map but have hit a brick wall and I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

I've used the Vector Shaded images for the main part but I found a 6-pointed star that acts as a kind of mezzanine level which sits on top of the Symbol sheet, on its own sheet. That is fine until I put a house symbol onto it. It's fine until the map is refreshed at which point the house sinks down onto the Symbol Sheet, disappearing completely.

I've tried disabling 'symbols choose own sheet', 'disabling smart symbols', but neither helps. Can anyone help/suggest something I've not thought of?

Helen-

Comments

• Use the Change Properties command to move the house symbol to a different Sheet which is closer to the top surface of the map than your mezzanine; that is, a Sheet lower on the list that accessing the Sheets dialogue box presents you with. You may need to create a new Sheet to put it on first using that same dialogue box, if, say, you want the house to enjoy similar effects to what the normal Symbol Sheet does (and just copy the Effects to it, if necessary).
  • I've just tried it, Wyvern, and after not playing ball the first attempt, I then put it on SCREEN and it works. Thanks
  • RelytRelyt Traveler
    The 6 pointed star is probably a cartouch (compass rose) so it defaults to the cartouch layer. I would suggest changing the sheet for the star to be lower than the houses so you can keep your houses all on tgaame sheet to keep effects and such consistent. You can use the list command, just type list and send select your symbols, to get all the info about your symbols including which sheet they are on.

However if it is working how you want it to now it should be fine. My sheets and layers are always a mess as when I get something how I like it I’m moving on to the next thing.