Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2019 edited

Here's the floorplan for The King's Cloak Tavern. Anyone catch anything i've missed before sending this in? I'm on a mission to do as many floorplans as i can fit into my own mapping and campaign planning, as promised to Q :)
      Kings Cloak Tavern.PNG
      Kings Cloak Tavern Second Floor.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2019

Looks fab.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMedio

it´s awesome Lorerei! Love the street and the floor textures mixing.

One niptick: the lighting. I wouldn´t use that sun angle lighting inside the building. Maybe dungeon lighting?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I usually divide the walls into those with no shadows (the ones casting shadows indoors) and the with shadows (those casting shadows outdoors), which does require splitting the walls somewhat and renaming the. I did this in the manor house of the delightful Sir Lionel Poncegraf in the Basher Bay region of the Forlorn archipelago in the Atlas.
    • CommentAuthorRelyt

The interior shadows are really a stylistic preference. You can leave it as it just looks like the top of the building has been cut off and helps give depth.

If you want to keep the building shadow but get rid of the wall shadows inside just disable wall shadows and place a rectangle the same size as the building below the floor sheet and have that cast a shadow. This is not only easier but will help limit any anomalies you may get from hacking up the walls on different sheets. (This is a trick picked up from I believe the DD3 essentials)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Lovely work, Lorelei, but I do agree that there is a sort of confusion going on there with the indoor shadows.

I think I would be tempted to do away with the directional wall shadows on the walls and doors and so on and go for dungeon style 'lighting' with a dark inner glow on the floors (even if that means having 2 floor sheets to make it appear in each adjacent room). You can still get the building to cast a shadow outside by having a SHADOW sheet underneath the floor sheets which has a polygon on it the same shape and size as the building, and using that to cast a directional wall shadow instead.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2019 edited

I've changed the shadows doing an inner glow on the floor, which is what i usually do for my own personal maps. Here's the version i'll send to Remy
      Kings Cloak Tavern2.PNG
      Kings Cloak Tavern Second Floor2.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2019

Looks great! What about an attic and basement with secret link to the city’s sewer system. (He says with a cheeky grin)
    • CommentAuthorkathorus

Those are gorgeous.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

I skip on the attic, but i'll put a root cellar in the storage room that might have a secret passage leading the sewers :)

Thanks @kathorus
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

A question - what is the large central space in the middle of the second floor, and why is the Pillar there? Is it meant to open space to the tavern below, and if so, how do people get to their rooms. Sorry to have so many questions/demands/ shutdowns 3:)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Perfect :)
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Lovely.

@Quenten: I believe that pilar is the chimney for the fireplaces below.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

It's just a large open space where all the room open up to - figured it'd be a nice place to maybe start a battle. And the pillar is the chimney from the fireplaces below in the common room and private dining rooms.

Here's the beginnings of the cellar :)
      Kings Cloak Cellar.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

That’s cleared up then. Love the cellar.
    • CommentAuthorRaiko
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2019

I love this so far. :)

How did you do the scuffed up floorboards? They look great!
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2019

Thanks @Raiko. They are the Floorboards Rough from Symbol Set 2 - I just played around with the Hue/Sat/Light on that sheet to give it that faded rougher look. When it's available for the Atlas, feel free to download it and check out how it did it
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2019

I like very much :)

I do hope you are feeling much better now!
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2019

Here's the cellar. I think i'm pretty much done with this. Any suggestions before sending this in to Remy?
      Kings Cloak Cellar small.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2019

No suggestions at all. Beautiful :)