Pathfinder "Age of the Runelords" - Wisher's Well.

I've just got started again with CC3+, after being away from mapping and Fantasy RPGs for a few years.

Last time I was mapping, CC3+ was brand new, and I posted the start of my first attempt at a dungeon in DD3+, Whispering Cairn. I never finished that map, or ran the adventure, and since then I've had a big Windows 10 crash that meant a full reinstall of everything on my laptop. So while I still have most of the original files for my old maps, the symbols are mostly messed up.

I'm starting a new Pathfinder game for my old tabletop group using Roll20, as one of the old players now lives in Switzerland and the rest of us struggle to make time for face-to-face meetups.

My campaign is going to be a mashup of themes and locations from Paizo's Runelords trilogy of Adventure Paths, plus a few things that I liked from their older Age of Worms AP from Dungeon magazine. So I'm calling the campaign "Age of the Runelords." It'll a lot less linear than an Adventure Path campaign, so it remains to be seen which other locations I need to map.

My first job is to retheme the Whispering Cairn as Wisher's Well - a dungeon complex a few miles outside of Sandpoint, that currently lacks an official map.

Here my starting map, with the layout of the entrance level, but no details added yet.

The dungeon is entered by descending "down the well" into the circular room near the centre of the map. The well in question is actually the base of a ruined tower sitting at the top of a roughly 100 foot shaft.

The right hand 2/3rds of the map will be flooded and some of the walls will be collapsed.

The left hand room is a puzzle which will connect to three other small dungeon sections, while shafts or spiral staircases in the flooded area will descend deeper into at least one other mostly flooded level, which will be near impossible for low level adventurers to access.

I need to complete this map in the next week, so I've just gone with one of Neyjour's excellent tilesets off Deviantart again. I'll post updates as I go along.

Comments