Copying a Landmass

I have created a landmass by tracing a scanned bitmap of an old hand-drawn map and have been working with it as a CC3 Standard Overland map, but I would like to try some other drawing styles with it. Is there any way to copy my landmass to a new map, or will I have to re-trace the entire thing? I ask because I spent about 4 hours just doing the tracing, and I would hate to think that I can't re-use that work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• I was just doing this last night. :)

When you create a new map do it in the normal way.
    Then import the map with your land mass into it (it should be in an fcw file you saved earlier).
    The import feature is the second or third option on the 'Draw' menu. The 'Draw' menu is at the top of the screen.

Sorry I'm not on my home computer, so my instructions are pretty vague.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    You can also use the Clipboad Copy (Ctrl-C) to copy parts of your map, e.g. the coastline, into another map. Then draw a bit of reference landmass in the new drawing style and use the "Change Properties" command to convert your old coastline into the new style.

Hope that helps.
  • Thanks to both of you. Very helpful advice. Took me a while to figure out how to get it set up once it was in the new map, but it was a lot quicker than re-tracing by hand.