CC3 Plus not working with MacOS Mojave (wineskin'd). If yours works, please share your steps.

First, I am no novice when it comes to wineskinning CC3 Plus with MacOS. I have used it flawlessly throughout MacOS upgrades, but Mojave has broken it. The old app package quit working. I re-installed. Still not working. I have tried different wineskin builds, the porting team's "new build" doesn't even compile anymore. I don't want to run it in a VM. I prefer the "native feel of wineskin/wine" Has anyone done a fresh install of CC3 plus in MacOS Mojave? If so can you share exactly what your steps were? Thanks in advance. I am dead in the water.

Comments

• suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
    edited December 2018
    Perhaps you might want to try crossover , not sure why Mojave broke winskin but I could try later to see if this is a Mojave or wineskin problem
    Rob
    wineskin with the latest engine ws9wine2.22 installs cc3+ fine for me on mojave , had to copy the app to another drive to get it to run as the initial build in the wineskin temporary directory where the initial app is created failed to run which could be due to some cacheing issues , only tested the base install setup but i would imagine all the other setups should be fine

Rob
  • caveCrawlercaveCrawler Traveler
    edited December 2018
    Posted By: suntzuwineskin with the latest engine ws9wine2.22 installs cc3+ fine for me on mojave , had to copy the app to another drive to get it to run as the initial build in the wineskin temporary directory where the initial app is created failed to run which could be due to some cacheing issues , only tested the base install setup but i would imagine all the other setups should be fine

Rob
    How long does it take to boot up? Mine with CD, DD, Pers, SS1,2,4 and about 10 annuals takes 5 minutes to start after clicking the icon on a 2017 macbook pro
    This is going to be unfair because I run it from a ssd drive but with everything that profantasy has produced about 20 seconds which includes loading crossover , if crossover is loaded about 5 seconds

Rob
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    @dudesdlife - I have always found that load times vary depending on the size of the map being opened on start up.
    edited January 2019
    Posted By: suntzuThis is going to be unfair because I run it from a ssd drive but with everything that profantasy has produced about 20 seconds which includes loading crossover , if crossover is loaded about 5 seconds

Rob

Do you use the XP bottle, xp 64 bit? which? thanks for the info
    For crossover i use a win7 64bit bottle , when i did the test install under wineskin i used the defaults so i dont know what thee bottle was set to

Rob
    edited January 2019
    Posted By: suntzuFor crossover i use a win7 64bit bottle , when i did the test install under wineskin i used the defaults so i dont know what thee bottle was set to

Rob
    I am disappointed that PF doesn't just make a custom wine installer for Macs like the Fantasy Grounds folks do. The FG people are in the same situation as ProFantasy with an older windows program. Codeweavers just took the $40 for Crossover that I was going to spend for Annual 2018.
    I think you will find the crossover license well worth it , I automates a lot of the process that would have to be done by hand with wine/wineskin , personally I have tried lots of other wine packeges and have always come back to crossover
  • Posted By: suntzuI think you will find the crossover license well worth it , I automates a lot of the process that would have to be done by hand with wine/wineskin , personally I have tried lots of other wine packeges and have always come back to crossover
    I have no need of it other than CC3+ :) Not sure what extra value it will bring.