Symbols i made do not work for me, help!

Okay, Now back when the Febuary 08 Annual came out it was for making symbols. I made some and Shared what I had done. I never tried to make a map using them, til now. They work but they do not have the "Symbol Fill" that I made them with. The fill only work in the original Symbol temple, they won't even work in a new City Symbol template. What good is that if you can only make them and then not use them as you create them. I need help so that the symbol fill works with any template that I decide to use them in. Suggestions, help, directions so that they will work outside the "Symbol Catalog template" I made them in, Please!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Have you made the fill style you used available in the map you are using the symbols in? If you use any kind of fill style in your symbols, that same fill style needs to exist (under the exact same name) in any map you wish to use the symbols in. Fill style in entities/symbols only reference the fill style defined in the map.
    Just open the original symbol template, enter the fill style dialog, and find the definition of this style. Then add it to the map where you need it. If you are going to use it for multiple maps, you can edit the map template instead, to have all new maps contain that fill style.
  • Sorry about the shout but Im pissed, thats a lot of work just to see it used else where. So there is no way to make it so its just incorporated in the symbols itself without all that bullshit. If not its not worth the effort to use fill styles at all and hell with sharing them as everyone would need to do it. This needs to be fixed some how, incorporating it into the Symbol catalog so it goes with it.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    It's fairly simple to create a file hat incorporates fill styles into another map. Just take the map that has the fill styles you need, erase everything, then draw a litle polygon the fill styles you want to transfer. Add a polygon for each fill style you need. Save this map.

Now in the new map, use Draw > Insert File to import the map with the fill styles. Afterwards erase it again. The fill styles are now in the new map.

You can see a number of these pre-drawn fill style collections in the CC3/System/Fill Styles folder.
  • Hey Raven_Starhawke... CC3 is basically CAD for fantasy mapping... CAD usually isn't as quick as something like Photoshop would be to a trained talented artist... if you have to go through a few more steps then you will have to do it... unless you want to write a script or macro to do it for you... so relax.