CC3+ City Mapping Coastal

Hello everyone. I have recently been working with CC3+'s city map, and I am having trouble creating a city that has a coastal side. CC3+ doesn't let me create water or land for the Basic City. There is either a water bitmap, or one of the land bitmaps. Please help. Thanks.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The basic CC3 city style have several drawing tools for making water, such as "Water", "Water, default" and "Water, no outline".

Also, if you don't find a drawing tool for your particular purpose, remember you can always create a new tool, or just use the basic shape tools to draw what you need and set the properties manually, such as setting the right color, sheet and layer.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    CD3 does water and land the other way around to CC3+. You start with the land as a background and add the water, whether that water is a river, a lake or the sea. If you check the drawing tools you will see there are a whole range of tools to draw water.

If you want to do it a different way you could change the rectangle on the BACKGROUND sheet to a water fill and draw the land shapes on the CITY BACKGROUND sheet?

It doesn't really matter which way around you do it, but if you like to stick to the standard drawing tools its land first (the background) and water on top.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    LOL! Ninja'd again by Remy :)