CC3+ Setup File Corrupted - Solved

I was trying to install CC3 on my computer because I remembered that I had to have the regular CC3 path so I can extract the Dark Fantasy Symbol Sets. So I thought CC3+ was conflicting with it. Then I remembered they came with Tome of Ultimate Mapping and been meaning to purchase it. I did and went to try to reinstall CC3+ from the downloads of the registration page, it wouldn’t let me install it because it said it was a corrupt file. Makes no sense since I had it previously installed. If anyone can help I would much appreciate it.

I tried to install an other program and it worked fine. Just not working for CC3+ or any CC3+ installer. So frustrating.

Makes no sense since I have installed it on Windows 10 with no issues.

I have downloaded a fresh installer with no avail : (((
2.PNG 26.9K

Comments

• So after more research and not giving up, I found a solution. I found this thread here..

http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=7555

And I deleted installer stuff off the registry. So far that worked.

I get super impatient when bad things happen. I have to have it resolved now, so I put a web of stuff out to make sure I cover all of my basis.
  • 1 year later
  • edited July 2020
    Even though this issue seems to be solved, I have the same problem and couldn't resolve it.

My main issue is with installing Dungeon Designer 3 for CC3+.

I bought CC3+ and its addons on 30.06.20. First install was messed up (started installing addons before CC3+) so I uninstalled all the addons, then CC3+, wiped the whole registry under EvolutionComputing and rebooted. Then reinstalled, starting with CC3+, update to 3.94, then tried DD3, which was causing the 'corrupt' issue before reinstalling. But the issue presists and the error in OP's post popped up. I also tried executing it with root rights and in compatibility mode for win7 and win8, still the error.

Since validating the installer doesn't require the serial key, it couldn't be that, but still I added a DD3SerialNum value to my registry keys, without progress of course. Installing City Designer 3 thereafter went without issue.

System:
    Windows 10 Pro N, OS build 19041.329, Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0
    Quite recently installed from scratch
    No antivir software installed (oh yeah, I forgot... saw it just now) only Windows Defender was bugging me, but I ran DD3 anyway.

Is there a specific order of installation, or do I need to quiet down InstallAware somehow?
    Is there a method to install those addons without validation, maybe a different install wizard?
    Is the latest DD3 setup really corrupt?
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    No, the DD3 Setup file on the server is not corrupt (it works fine for most people), but something in your download process is causing it to fail. Please contact us via tech support (from your registration page), and I'll set you up with an alternative download link to circumvent this.
  • @Ralf Much appreciated! Support contact has been sent.