UI too large - Solved

Hi folks My UI is overly large, taking up most of my monitor. Seems like I should be able to fix this quickly but I can't find the 'how' . It used to be fine but earlier tonight, while attempting to resolve another issue, I had to reinstall DisplayLink drivers to use my port replicator/docks which allows me to use four monitors.

Now, as I mentioned, the UI for CC3P is overly large to the point that the program is unusable. I've tested a number of other programs and none of them are doing it. I even ran the CC3P Update 19 again and didn't help. I attached a screenshot of it. If I do the 'Tools | Option dialog box, it's too tall to fit on that screen.

Anyone run into this? I wasn't able to find something in my first four searches here in the forums. Thanks in advance for the time. :)

Gary

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I've never seen that before.

Maybe one of the others will be able to help you tomorrow (its the wee small hours of the morning here in Europe right now), but if not you might have to contact tech support via the contact us part of the PF webpage.
  • Posted By: LoopysueI've never seen that before.

Maybe one of the others will be able to help you tomorrow (its the wee small hours of the morning here in Europe right now), but if not you might have to contact tech support via the contact us part of the PF webpage.
    I honestly wasn't expecting an answer tonight. :) It's not exactly early here on the US east coast either and I should heading to bed shortly myself. Sleep well, when you get there :)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    What is the scale set in Windows Display Properties for that particular monitor (In a multi-monitor setup, windows only displays the value for the currently selected monitor in the layout at the top of the page)? CC3+ follows recommended Windows behavior and adheres to that value. The only times I've seen the GUI enlarge like that is when this value has been unknowingly set to a very high value (Windows sometimes does that when replacing drivers)

Also, do you keep this value different between monitors? There is always a chance that some bug or something make it pick up the scale setting for the wrong monitor.
  • Posted By: MonsenWhat is the scale set in Windows Display Properties for that particular monitor (In a multi-monitor setup, windows only displays the value for the currently selected monitor in the layout at the top of the page)? CC3+ follows recommended Windows behavior and adheres to that value. The only times I've seen the GUI enlarge like that is when this value has been unknowingly set to a very high value (Windows sometimes does that when replacing drivers)

Also, do you keep this value different between monitors? There is always a chance that some bug or something make it pick up the scale setting for the wrong monitor.
    Thanks for the thought but as noted, I did test with other programs and they're all coming up fine and all the monitors. Only CC3P is a problem, and it's the same on all the monitors, all of which are on the recommended scaling (100%).
  • Well, really wanted/needed to do some mapping today so put my mind to uninstall everything and reinstall it. Was two annuals through the uninstall when I decided to reboot one more time and now it seems to be fine. The two annuals are back in and I'm ready to go.

Glad I remembered that sometimes DisplayLink needs more reboots than you might think to get everything tidied up.

Thanks everyone for the input
  • Check if toggling the size of the icons does anything....
  • It could have been I was looking for that but that dialog was so big, couldn't see the bottom of it directly. Anyhow, I'm onto mapping. Something I do so infrequently in CC3 that I basically have to relearn everything Really should try to do some every week