Earth-like Fractal Terrains 3

Hello
I'm trying to create an earth-like world in FT3, but disconnected (europe, Africa, and Asia are disconnected from each other, the Americas as well)
I couldn't figure out the correct settings to get that.
Any advice?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    If I understand you right, you do want the existing earth continent shapes here?

If so, the only way would be to load up an earth dataset such as the ETOPO5 one shipped with FT3 in the "Terrain Data" folder, import it via the binary file option for new world. This will be the earth as-is, allowing you to manipulate it. There is no way to get FT# to arrive at those shapes through random generation.
  • Alternatively, you might try hunting for a geological world map online covering the late Cretaceous to Tertiary periods, import that image into CC3+ and just trace or amend the continent outlines you need from there (because that will give you something apparently similar to what you're asking for). This probably doesn't help if you must have the map in FT3, I appreciate.
  • 6 days later
  • I did a drowned world version, for fun. Dropped the land 1000 m. Pretty cool but not exactly what you're looking for.