Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hi,
    1. I'v used the Annual 2008 battlemap guide to produce this : http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc13/JoachimDeRavenbel/torrent.jpg
    2. What I wanted to represent is a small torrent with cliffs. If I might say so I would have like an color option for the various "wall shadow" that would have made the white foam on the river stones. I used instead Photofiltre (a free picture software). On a small resolution it looks sort of satisfying. Did I miss something ? Is there already an effect suitable ?
    3. By the way, I made that to play with my kids. I was quite surprised with their perfomance at their first RPG. They are 6 and 10 years old.
    4. Thanks for looking and open for advices,
    5. JdR
    6. PS. Sorry for the format but I'm struggling with BBcode. How does one implement carriage return ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2009 edited

To begin with your last question. If you use Html formatting, carriage returns are made the normal way. Just hit enter to get to the new line and type away. No special code is required. For BBCode formatting, use the [br] bbcode

Instead of using wall shadow for the foam, how about using a partially transparent polygon with a blur, an edge fade, inner effect, and perhaps a bit of a glow. I haven't tried making foam like this myself, but I do believe with a combination of those effects, you should get something satisfactory.

Map looks very nice btw.
    Thanks for your answer, your idea and your comment, Monsen.

Here is a new version using said white polygon. I think the cliff is better too, eh ?

JdR
    • CommentAuthorBradd
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009

Wow! That second version looks great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009

Looking very good. And yes, the cliff walls looks much better in this version.
    That looks great! Really well done!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009

Excellent stuff!
    Thanks for your comments.

For the cliff, I used 5 fractal polys from black to light gray with a blur and a texture effect.

The great symbols are from CSUAC.

JdR