Symbol Placing: Pick Center

Is there a way to pick a symbol at its center (or corners)?
Placing Pillars etc seems a lot more convenient than pickint it at a edge.

Im struggeling with Symbol placing since hours now and even visited a friend who recently bought the Tome of Ultimate mapping, so sorry if this topic is answered anywhere else, I didnt find anything.

Comments

• Pillars can be odd. Some have their point of origin in their center while others have it on their edge. I find it easier to place the symbol on the map, delete it then use the Symbol Manager to edit the symbol by moving the point of origin to the center of the image. If you do this with multiple pillar styles (making sure they have the same nominal radius) you can replace one pillar style with another quickly.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    To add a bit more on what DaltonSpence said here; When placing symbols, they are always held by the origin of the symbol. For some symbols, this is the center, other it is the edge. This is defined as part of the symbol when the symbol is created. While I cannot tell you for every individual symbol why the origin was placed as it is, generally, symbols have the placement point along an edge if it is intended to be arranged along the side of another entity, such as a wall.

If you follow DaltonSpence's advice about modifying the symbol through the symbol manager, note that this only affects the symbol for that map, so you don't have to be worried about making changes that might cause problems in the future. (It is also possible to open up and edit the symbol catalog the symbol came from, this will affect all future maps, but chnages to official symbol catalogs are not recommended)