Fractal Terrains: Exported maps cutting off top and bottom of map

I'm getting frustrated here with Fractal Terrain Pro.

I spent about 3 hours last night trying to export multiple files for my map. Alas, every combination is producing a map missing the bottom and top 15% or so of my map (an estimate). I am using, now, a Miller Cylindrical projection, though only because it is giving me more space at the top on bottom while I try to correct the issue. If I get a "primary" image that actually shows it all, the subsequent zoomed in modes are missing the bottom part. Clicking on the bottom of the image simply links to, well, the file above what I want it to link to.

I've tried every combination of horizontal and vertical pieces from a 1:1 ratio to 12:9 (which usually !? gives me a primary whole map image that looks right) and to 12:12 and 12:16. None of them are #$@$@#$ working right.

On my previous experiments, this wasn't an issue as my land mass didn't extend into this range and I didn't really notice.

I've been trying to export both in jpg and bmp mode under multiple files.

At least on the zooming in to this amount gets rid of the painful rivers issue - though not on the overview map.

For a version of software at this level, I think these sorts of issues are pathetic.

Any suggestions? Tips? cures?

Signed,

Peeved in Preoria. Well. Victoria.

p.s., a 64 bit version that could let me actually export hi-res files without crashing would be wonderful.

Comments

• This is a phenomena I mentioned in another thread. Basically what you will nned to do is reduce the scale (ie zoom out) in FT and then retry your multiple file export. This may take a few attempts to get best fit. Also you need to check the lower levels (ie if you are exporting B,C,D maps as well) to ensure that they have also fit. When using multiple file export the exported files are not based on what is displayed in FT even if that option has been set.
  • hmm...That might explain why I'd sometimes get a map in the middle of masses of white space, even when all settings in the export were the same...either way, I'm quite peeved - especially for the price.
  • I've had this issue confirmed now by a few folks - apparently multi-file exports get cropped to the same proportions as an equirectangular projection.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    It appears that the feature works properly only for the Equirectangular projection.
  • Actually I have this problem when generating CC2 files using the equirectangular projection.