Export to XML

Does anyone know if there's a way to export the components of a CC3+ (City Designer) map to XML? It doesn't have to be XML, just looking for a text format that will have the property data of components. I'm building a large city and am interested in writing a bit of software and a database that is aware of the various buildings. DXF could be parsed, but has a lot more detail than I need and even a blank map is pretty huge. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2018
    As far as I know, there is no such capabilities available. You can export all the text from a map, but that doesn't seem to be what you are after, you'll want the actual internal entity values.

Only way I can imagine to do that is to write your own XP for CC3+ to facilitate such an export.

Edit: Depending on exactly what you need, you may also get the information you need by doing LIST on all entities on the map. The output from list is probably easier to parse than a dxf file.
  • 8 days later
  • Oh, very cool. I should definitely be able to work with this. Thank you!! And if I manage to write something that might be useful to other folks, I'll share it.