Icon and Polygon sizes change upon loading

I've encountered an issue a few times now where icons or polygon sizes will change from what they were last saved as. Most recently the program crashed and, upon reloading, my grid was no longer transparent and my mountain polygons had increased in size by a few degrees. In addition, the icon set had completely changed. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited December 2018
    Some of this sounds like the sort of difference between the sheet effects being on or off. If you were looking at mountain polygons with an Edge Fade Inner sheet effect acting on them before you shut the app, and then the sheet effects were not operating when you opened it again, they would seem to be bigger that way. CC3 is set to open files without the sheet effects operating. You can switch them back on again by opening the Sheets and Effects dialog and checking the Activate Sheet Effects box at the top on the right hand side.

The transparency is likewise a sheet effect, so switching them on will solve that problem as well.

As for the symbol set being different - you have me stumped on that point. Any chance of a screen shot? I know you can't show me a 'before' version, but it might hint something.
  • 7 days later
  • Thank you very much! You were correct about the sheet effects; I'm embarrassed to say how much time I spent looking for a solution without that occurring to me.

Essentially, the symbols changed from the default CC3 symbol set to the Schley symbol set. This is fine since I like their look, but it's odd to me that it happened.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Oh I see!

I thought you meant the symbols on your map actually changed to another style.

That's the catalogue that's open, that's all. If its defaulting back to Herwin Wielink it may be that you have imported a Mike Schley or CC3 default style map into a Herwin Wielink template - possibly by wanting to combine style fills or symbols at some earlier stage?

It may also be that you were working on another map in the HW style before you opened this one?

I don't know for sure. Sometimes it does this to me as well.

What does it do when you click the little mountain button between the ship and the crevasse in the bar just above the catalogue?