Erase somehow leads to Layer Name dialogue

This morning I somehow appear to have mapped the ERA command to the Layer Name dialogue panel and I cannot unlink it. It happens whether I'm using the command line or the button.

Things I have tried:
1 turning the computer off/on
2 saving file under different name
3 opening a different .fcw file

but nothing works.

Disclosure: I have dexterity issues which means I can't use a mouse or track-pad because I shake too much for any precision. Instead I use the Accessibility keys on the number pad to the right of a standard keyboard.

I'm worried that I may have unknowingly mapped the ERA command onto whatever you key in to bring the Layer Name pane up. If I have is there a way of undoing the process short of uninstalling everything?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2018
    This usually happens if the selection method is changed (sometimes happens if a macro crashes halfway through)

You can reset the selection method by going to Tools menu -> Options -> Select Method button and picking the Dialog or Popup option.
    (You can also type SELBYD and hit enter on the command line for the same result)
  • Posted By: MonsenThis usually happens if the selection method is changed (sometimes happens if a macro crashes halfway through)

You can reset the selection method by going to Tools menu -> Options -> Select Method button and picking the Dialog or Popup option.
    (You can also type SELBYD and hit enter on the command line for the same result)
    Thanks, Monsen. I've got things back to what they were. :)