Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorinservo
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2018

Hi there,

I tried to follow the tutorial in the Dioramas 3 Essential guide. Besides the fact that the move dialog is somewhat "tricky" my main problem is, that Dioramas simply does not follow my directions.

I choose the "Dio3 A Wall Stone Grey 1" settings in the Dioramas option which should give me small tabs. But the resulting drawing is HUGE tabs which in no way look like the ones in the preview in the settings dialogue.

I switched to advanced options in the settings dialogue, but this didn't help either.

I wonder how one should follow a tutorial when the program does not react the way it is intended to do. Very frustrating and disappointing to be very honest.
      settings_1.png
    • CommentAuthorinservo

here's what it looks like in the program
      results_1.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Those white areas are glue tabs for when you print them out and assemble them after you cut them out. I suggest card stock but test on regular paper first.
    • CommentAuthorinservo
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2018

@JimP

thank you for your response. Yes, I know that these are glue tabs. What bothers me is their size, they are much bigger (and take up way more space) than they should as per the template selected (see 1st image).
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

It could be that your drawing is of a much smaller construction than the one shown in the preview. Unfortunately, there is no grid in the preview image, so you can't really tell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

After looking at my different installs, I notice the tab depth setting is different, some installs have 5', other 2', not sure why.

To fix this, hit the advanced button and change the tab depth to 2, that should produce more reasonably sized tabs.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Ah, okay. My mistake.
    • CommentAuthorinservo

thank you @Monsen ... that did it. and also thank you @JimP for helping me
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

You're welcome. Happy mapping.