Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorWriterSP
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2018

I made the section of the map I want to work on too big and I would like to crop it down to just the area I want to work on right now.
    When I did a search on this, it seemed like people meant something different from what I mean. Like when I use Paint.net to "crop to selection" of a picture, I use a box select to show what I want, and it removes the rest of the picture from the image.
    Can I do that sort of thing with CC3+?
    Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorWriterSP

As an example, here is the map I want to trim down. As you can see, there is a lot of unneeded space to the east and south.
      Capture10.JPG
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2018 edited

You can use the node edit commands, left side of CC3+.

Also you might look the Command of the Week - Index over
    • CommentAuthorWriterSP

Ok, thanks, I hadn't thought of it that way. Adding nodes to the ocean area along the edges and then deleting the nodes outside let me get rid of the unneeded blue space.
    Perfect, thanks!
    Is there any downside to this method?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

No big ones, but if you resize your map without also moving the entities on the MAP BORDER layer, you'll find that the drawing tools doesn't stop correctly at the border any more (because they are still using the old border).

Note that for resizes such as this, you can simply use Resize Drawing Area from the file menu.

Also note that in this case, the cropping was easy because you only wanted to get rid of the extra background. If you had entities extending out there that you wanted to chop of, the process becomes a bit more involved, basically similar to the procedure for creating a detail map from part of a larger one.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Should have worn my reading glasses. But I don't add nodes nor subtract them.

On my cell phone but there is a third node icon above the two I've mention. I free all layers but the one I want to move. I use the third one to move things like the ocean or a land mass at the edge of the map near the map border My apologies for not mentioning changing the map border.