Working with Fantasy Grounds and CC3+

So trying to convert some of my old RPGA modules over to fantasy grounds and doing the map editing in CC3+ (fantastic product BTW); however, I am having problems with getting the grid scaling right. If I go with the default 50 pixels/5' it is quite a bit off. If I manually size it down (I added a plain 5' x 5' stone floor) and size according to it it (comes out about 40ish) is better at the start but gets more and more off as it goes. Anyone else had this problem or found a good reference item to put onto the map to set the FG grid scale around?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    When fitting to a grid in an external program:
    1. Make sure your calculations are correct for the image size when exporting.
    2. Make sure you export the map without any kind of map border, the export need to be the actual map only, now visual map border, no white border. I recommend using the save as rectangular section to export the map only. If you include anything outside the actual map, it will throw the calculations of.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    If you use the rectangular section export as Monsen suggests you can turn on the snap grid and pick out the rectangle to export with pinpoint accuracy (providing your map is aligned with the snap grid)