New to the software

Hi all,

I'm all new to the software and such but I was curious on how to make the map look real at least and such. I try to understand the tutorials but I would like to know if anybody has tips for this type of map,

Like how to make it very beautiful

Thanks for your time,

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited November 2018
    Hi :)

There are no rules about how to do things (other than the very basic operating instructions given in the manual and the more detailed ones in the Tome of Ultimate Mapping).

There are the core styles that come with CC3+, and those which come with each of the add-ons. Then there are the annuals, some of which provide further mapping styles. After that there are the third party art collections, which are free and available through links provided in the sticky resources thread at the top of the forum.

You are describing what we call a 'photorealistic' style. Though there may be some in the annuals one thing is for sure - the third party art collections are probably going to best suit your requirements. You may eventually decide to make your own style using your own textures and images.

As to how you make things beautiful, that comes with practice and learning as you go by showing your work and looking at what others have done.
  • Welcome to the forums !

CC3+ has a learning curve, the tutorials will explain much about the software. Even if they don't seem to apply to what you want to do.
  • Posted By: lawlietlemars...but I was curious on how to make the map look real at least and such. ...
    What do you mean by "look real"? Can you show us an example?