import a .FSC

I have a few .FSC file i have found but I can not figure out how to make them show up in CC3. Most are symbols. is there a tutorial that explains how to do this?

Also I have other problems ( I am not experienced at CC)
Every time I open a saved map I have to recheck the "active sheet effects" box for them to show is there a way to fix this?

Also when I save a custom sheet and the try to reuse it for a new map it always ends up being the default sheet.

My computer specs are Vista home basic so sad my by video cards is not supports by xp :( with 1 gig of ram on video card and 3 gig of ram in machine its a dual core. not sure if you need that but just in case. I did read a post where I has to run install as administrator I uninstalled today and reinstall using that method the problem still persists

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2009
    .FSC files are symbol catalogs. To use them, click the Open Symbol Catalog button image imediately above the symbol catalog itself, then browse to the .fsc file and open it. This will show the symbols in the symbol catalog window.

As for effects. Yes, CC3 turns off the effects by default when loading a map. If you want them to be always on, you can set this in the options dialog (Tools -> Options -> 'effects on load')

I am not sure if I understand what you try to accomplish here. Sheets are part of the current map. Adding a sheet to the current map will not cause that sheet to turn up on future maps. When you start a new map, it gets its sheets from whatever template you use. If you wish to add another sheet to a particular template, you can edit that template (Templates, .fct files, can be opened and edited just as map files. You'll find them in the templates directory inside the main CC3 directory)
  • thank you even though you did not know the answer to my last question you gave me a solution for it. these question where desined toward saveing me time as this map project is a large task I am working on