Banner for Map name

Hi, I was wondering how you either import, or if their is a banner image to place your map title inside, like an open scroll or a flag etc.

I was also wondering if inserting a scale automatically scales itself to correct distance, or if it's just for aesthetics?

Thanks.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I don't know about scroll symbols, though I presume there are some around someplace.

If the scale bar isn't right for the map you can scale it up or down by holding down the CTRL key and moving the mouse before you place the symbol.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2018
    Posted By: SendersI was also wondering if inserting a scale automatically scales itself to correct distance, or if it's just for aesthetics?
    As long as you place the scale bar at symbol scale 1.0, it will be correctly scaled. Many scale bars comes without the "max" scale value filled in however, allowing you to resize them and fill in the appropriate scale value. In these cases, make sure to use an exact "round" number when placing it, such as 1.0, 2.0, 0.5, etc. For almost every scale bar, the "max" value will be 100 multiplied by this number.
    You can set exact scaling for any symbol by right clicking inside the drawing window with the symbol at the cursor to get to the symbol parameters dialog.

I don't remember a banner image off the top of my head, but you can always insert an image file you find on the internet by going to Draw -> Insert File. Remember that CC3+ only references the image, it is not embedded in the map, so make sure the image is placed on it's permanent home on your hard drive before doing this. Best place is somewhere inside the CC3+ data directory, for example in the @Symbols\User folder.
  • Thank you very much. The community here is really helpful and always fast.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Umm, well... some of it may be slightly wrong from time to time!

Ahem... sorry! :)