Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorDwight
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2018

Newbie here, I am having dificulty bringing objects to front ( or top ) or whatever ( example attached )

I am sure I must be doing some procedure wrong, or something else is set but roads and rivers are very difficult for me to put anything over the top of
      example.JPG
    • CommentAuthorDwight

I have done a lot of reading, but I must be missing something.. bring to front does not seem to be doing anything at all. I am still trying
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Bring to front or send to back only works on the one sheet. it never sends things to different sheets, so for it to work the things you want to place in order must all be on the same sheet. Otherwise you need to change the order of the sheets to place things in front of or behind each other.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

If you make sure your SYMBOLS sheet is over the ROADS and RIVERS sheets your bridge will automatically be on top.
    • CommentAuthorDwight

OK new concept.... I dont know about sheets, I will start to look into that
    • CommentAuthorDwight

How do I look at and order my sheets?
    There is a bit to learn, Dwight, but I guarantee it is worth the journey. Sheets are a very important feature in CC3+ and are similar to layers in Photoshop and other imagining /drawing programs.
    • CommentAuthorDwight

I am looking for the tool to order them... have not found it yet

I know I have a lot to learn and am willing ( retired and have the time )
    • CommentAuthorDwight

found it.... thanks
    • CommentAuthorJensen
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2018 edited

• CommentAuthorDwight

Yep,, this is what I was looking for.

things are looking much better, thanks all
      example2.JPG
      example3.JPG
    • CommentAuthorDwight

Running a home brew campaign in Fantasy grounds, using Syrenscape in Discord, have a fantastic older play group ( I am 63 ) and they really liked my new maps using CC3 so learning as fast as I can. They are catching up to where I have written in the campaign so I am in crunch mode :)

I started the campaign using maps downloaded from the net in general, but that did not cover the more specific things, so I used Dungeon Painter a while, but that was way too limiting.... so Yesterday I purchased CC3+ with City and Dungeon versions ( the $99 three pack ) .. and am putting myself though a crash course. As steep as the learning curve is for me, I am also very pleased with the results even with my extremely limited knowledge.

Thanks all for the help
    I bought the three pack as well and rushed to get a map finished to release with a copy of a manuscript I was distributing to beta readers. My experience was much like yours. Although there was much to learn and I was stumbling along, I was quite pleased with the results.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Very nice work on that map!
    • CommentAuthorDwight

I am pleased, looking forward to trying the city and dungeon parts of CC3 also, but working like mad to get ahead of my players on the overland map right now LOL