funny fill lines

I have a map that was imported from fractal terrain. It looks fine in its base form, but when I change the fill styles I get lines of fill running across the map.

Comments

• so looking more closely it appears to be a matter of scale. I can zoom in on areas and they look fine, but when the whole map is shown it is messed up.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Seems to be caused by the multipolies in the map.
    Personally, I recommend exporting the map without multipolying the contours. Multipolies are the only way you can make holes in a shape, so FT3 uses these by default to make things like lakes and such. However, multipolies gets real tricky when you wish to edit stuff, and sometimes they do weird stuff like this so I recommend you not use them, and instead draw lakes on the top of the terrain using a water fill like you normally would do in CC3+ instead (FT3 will still export the lakes without multipoly on, but they won't be holes in the terrain, instead they will just be an outline which you can change the fill style on.)
    Multipolies can be turned off by editing the export settings in FT3 (Remember to start FT3 by right clicking the shortcut and run as administrator, otherwise it won't be able to save the changes to these settings). You can also revert an existing multipoly to a set of regular polygons by using Explode on them, but that will also revert their fill style and other properties.
  • edited November 2018
    Thanks for the advice, that will be helpful... I should also note that when I save to a jpeg it goes away so its more a nuisance than a real problem, but knowing what caused it and how to fix it is great. Thanks!