Cannot uninstall nor reinstall or update

Hi There,

due to limited capacity on my c drive (win 10 computer) I decided to install CC3+ to D:\ drive. However, none of the addons works as it always says "cannot locate CC3+, please install first"

Okay, I thought to myself, why not uninstall CC3+ from D and reinstall to C (and install all the addons to D)?

But although I correctly choose the folder with the local setup file for CC3+, which the uninstall routine asks for, the unistall execution always breaks and does not execute.

Now I can neither uninstall (and reinstall) CC3+ nor any of the addons.

Please help

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    If the uninstall from the shortcut/control panel doesn't work, it indicates something wrong with your windows installer database.

Have you tried just running the installer instead of using the uninstall? The installer should detect that CC3+ is installed, and offer to repair or uninstall it. Or, if it doesn't, just use it to complete the install in the new location and then manually remove the old files from c:\ (Only things that need to be removed is c:\ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus, the data directory. The program itself will always be installed to the C drive [but this is only about 50MB anyway], the option the installer gives you is where to put the data directory [which is what takes space])

If this doesn't work, I recommend you contact ProFantasy technical support, they usually have quite fast response times.
  • thank you @Monsen, that is very good advice. I was able to uninstall using the installer itself. So for reinstallment, let me see if I get it right:

- install as usual and instead of using c:\program data\ProFantasy\CC3Plus during the installation routine I should choose another with more space?

Is that correct?

Thank you again for your help.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Yep, nothing more to it than that. Just make sure the location specified has enough space. The data directory grows to several gigabytes when you throw the addons in there.