Rooms other than Square

Is there a video thats shows the steps to making round rooms? I would like to make a tower with various floors, looking for a video to help with this, thanks for any and all help

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Hello Aircop :)

Which Add-no are you using for this? Is it Perspectives, or is this a straight dungeon map with several levels done in DD3?

If you are using DD3, there are several helpful tutorial videos done by Joe Sweeny covering all the basics of room construction, including one showing how to draw round rooms and arc-shaped alcoves here on YouTube:

If it is Perspectives you are using, then I have to admit that although I own the add-on I haven't yet used it enough to know of many specific tutorials for constructing a multilevel round tower, but I am sure that there are some out there that others can recommend :)
  • AircopAircop Newcomer
    thank you, I am using DD3
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Then that Joe Sweeney vid will sort you out when drawing round rooms. As for multiple level plans - if you want to draw them as hyperlinked FCW files (the hyperlinks only work between the FCW files, and not the exports), then you need to set that up when you first create the file using the wizard and by picking 'Use my own settings'. You will know what to do when you get to the part when you enter the number of levels. Its fairly straightforward :)
  • On my cell phone so I don't know how to copy and paste.

But do a search for 'odd shape room' and select comments. You should see results for my maps using multipoly. room method. I made hour glass rooms, half circle rooms, odd shaped rooms.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    If you need perfectly round rooms, all you need to do is to click the room button in DD3 (top left button) and it should offer you the option.
  • Once you get a basic round room done. Save as room02, room03, etc. one for each level of the tower. That way they will always match.
  • AircopAircop Newcomer
    wow you all are great, thanks so much for all the help!