Products for scifi map making?

I'm a little confused looking at everything, it looks like I would need cosmographer on top of the campaign cartographer.

Would anything else make sense to get alongside this? For instance would the city designer add anything to making scifi maps?

Comments

• Cosmographer is an add-on for CC3+. So you would need to get both. CC3+ is overland. Cosmo gives Sectors and Sub-Sectors, and deck plans.

You can use City Designer. Along with Annual Issue 99 for downports which contains symbols, etc. for space ports and nearby towns. The Annuals are add-ons to, 12 issues per year as a zip file for past years. Current year they are released one per month, for 12 months.

Here is my Traveller site with downports, sectors and sub-sectors.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    It is surprising what products can be used can be used successfully with others, as for example JimP does, and most products can be used in creating SciFi maps even without being "designed" for it.

When it comes to CD3 specifically, it can theoretically be used to make things like sci-fi towns and such, but note that most artwork supplied with the product are designed for more historical time periods. It does come with a bunch of vector symbols for modern/futuristic buildings, so I'll say that whether it is worth it depends if you are ok with vector symbols or not (I know some people don't like them, only wanting the more modern and higher detailed raster artwork, while others like them a lot)

Apart from that, as JimP points out, you have the annuals. There are quite a few issues that contain sci-fi content. Which ones are relevant really depends on your focus, if you are planning on mapping starships, star systems, overland maps, battlemaps, floorplans or something else.