Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorVaxx001
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2018

Is there a tutorial that goes from fractal terrains 3 (with linked maps), to CC3 (with Linked maps), to CD3 (with Linked maps), also is there a way to see the continents in fractal terrains
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Joe Sweeney has some that fit the bill - get onto his You tube channel.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

• CommentAuthorVaxx001
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2018 edited

thanks, I did and it cover a lot on cc3 not as much on the rest
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2018

There are a lot of them, but I seem to remember a couple about how to transfer worlds from FT3 to CC3 as well ;)

Other than that there is always the manual itself, and then there is the Tome of Ultimate Mapping?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

He has 4 tutorials - 1 on mapping projections, 1 on exporting multiple maps at different levels, and 1 on customizing an exported map, as well as a basic FT tutorial.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

There is also this one written for Cartographer's Guild on setting FT3 up to get the best results?

Joe Slayton referred me to it once, and its proven really useful.
    • CommentAuthorjslayton

If I were going to write that tutorial today, I would recommend using "RMF with Perlin's Improved Noise" as the fractal function and "Textured Climate" rather than "Image Climate". They weren't available when I wrote that tutorial so many years ago.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Oh sorry, Joe!

I didn't realise it was kind of out of date.
    • CommentAuthorjslayton
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2018 edited

It's not too far out of date, it's just that there are newer toys that will do a nicer job. I need to get in there and revamp the tutorial for new stuff one of these years.