Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2018

Here is the beginning of my Competition village, set in the Runcibor regional map in the Dunor valley on Ezrute
      Runcibor Village.PNG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2018

Looking good :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2018 edited

Progress to date
      Runcibor Village2.PNG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2018

Is that a mesa those ruins are sitting on?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

An area almost surrounded by cliffs, with top leveled off by the monastery builders. I intend to have some ruined bits at the bottom of the cliffs (which I may redo later).
    The village is in the process of extending their palisade - again! some remnants of the previous palisade are yet to be added, along with a few details to be rejigged. i am not so happy with the background, and will also add more interst to the river.
    I have also taken advice about putting the authorship on the map, in a way it cannot be easily excised from a png.

Other critical comments please. Please. Please.

I also have another village in mind, to be done in a completely different style for me. BTW, this is the first time i have used Bitmap B. I will submit the one I feel happier about to the competition, though of course, both will be offered to the Atlas.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

A small EFI on the roads might take that extra sharpness off them and blend them a bit better with the grass?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Ta, I agree
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2018

Looking at that market/town square, I can't help but fell it looks a little large/formal for such a small village.
    • CommentAuthorGThiel
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2018

I don't know the backstory of the village, but it could be that the market is large as it is the regional market for many other small hamlets and villages in the area. From the size of some of the buildings, this appears to be a wealthy area. There appears to be a walled compound that houses the local Noble?? and in the NE of the town there appears to be a large religions structure? and I agree with Sue, that the floating Mesa is an issue. perhaps a series of decreasing under layments of brown to give it sume "support?" Something like this .. ..
      Capture.JPG