Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorRobertR
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2018

I have a couple of spurs on my map that I have tried to find the node to either trim or delete. Is there a way to show the nodes or is it just a click until you find?
      spur 2.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

There are no specific way to show nodes, but nodes are per definition at every corner, so the position should be rather obvious in most cases. (For smooth paths/polygons you can hit Ctrl+F to toggle frames to help you identify nodes on thses, since nodes on smooth entities are not on the entity itself.)

Note that those spurs you see are caused by nodes being to close together, combined with a sharp angle, so the offending node in that case will be along the coastline, and not at the end of the spur. Probably located somewhere in that bay which seems partially obscured. These problems are more common when the line gets very wide compared to the angle of the corner.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

It might be easier to see if you temporarily cut that line down to being quite thin, while still being able to see the spur.
    • CommentAuthorjslayton

I wonder if SIMPLIFY and a fairly small value would clean out that too-close node without killing too much of the rest of the map...
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2018

Is there a command that only removes one of the two closest nodes in the whole entity?
    • CommentAuthorjslayton

A despike command has been on the wish list for a while that would check the miter distance and drop the node with the greatest amount in excess of a certain value. It would be nice if the system would automatically clip miters like the corridor command does.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

A modified corridor command?

Yes please! :)

Mind you - it would do away with the many happy hours I've spent deleting badly behaved nodes :)
    • CommentAuthorjslayton

Sorry, I thought that CORRIDOR had a miter limit ( see https://www.bignerdranch.com/blog/core-graphics-part-three-lines/ for an example of how such things work), but it looks like I was misremembering again. It's something to go on the wish list.