Missing symbol images

I've had to upgrade to a new computer and I've transferred over my old maps. One large city map has a bunch of symbols that are shown as red crosses.

Checking a couple of these, the problem seems to be that the PNGs for these files are missing even though I've just reinstalled all my symbol packs. As one example (and this seems typical) it looks the the program is looking for a file called 'Gothic 3_HI.PNG' in the symbol folder for CD3 - Bitmap 3 - Gothic, but that PNG does not exist. 'Gothic 3_LO.PNG', 'Gothic 3_VH.PNG', 'Gothic 3_VL.PNG' exists - but there is no 'Gothic 3_HI.PNG'. I'm wondering if the install packages have been updated and some of the PNGs have been removed for some reason - they existed when I made the map on the old system, but aren't in the installs for the new system.

I'm trying to figure out a solution to this. I know I can make copies of the VH version relabelled as the HI version and the red crosses will go away, but while that would be practical if it's only a small number of symbols, if it's a lot of symbols, that looks like a lot of work.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    There seems indeed to be some missing files in the Gothic folder. This seems to be a very old bug though, as the files were also missing from my old CC3 install. Based on that, i am guessing that they were probably missing from your old computer too, you just never noticed. CC3(+) picks the appropriate image quality to display based on your zoom level, so most of the time, a city map ends up using the lower qualities.

You can work around this by first typing FFIX (followed by enter) on the CC3+ command line, and then clicking the Display Speed Settings image button and setting the bitmap quality to fixed - very high, as this will cause CC3+ to just use the very high quality symbols (If you don't intend to zoom to much, you can also force it to low for faster screen updates, low is usually more than enough for a zoomed out map)
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited September 2018
    Yes, it seems that these png files had become corrupted in an older setup version and were apparently stripped out when the folder was copied to a newer version.

I've redone them, and you can download them separately here.

I am rebuilding the CD3 setup to include these.
  • Thanks to both of you. Problem solved for me now :)
  • Downloaded. And they fit right into that folder with no popup saying copy on top of ones there.