Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorPerryC
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2018 edited

One of two caves in this area I am going to (try to) map.

I decided to work from the northern most of the two caves and started by mapping the area outside the cave first. Map is 80 x 50 with no effects applied yet.

There was a lot of erasing and experimenting, as I tinkered a bit with symbol scale as I placed the mountains. I felt the default scale for them was too small, so I varied the scale a bit with each mountain. I also tried to mix up the mountain symbols as much as possible.

You can see it here
      Elbens Demise.jpg
    • CommentAuthorPerryC

Well...it seems like this forum and I don't get along well :facepalm:

The area in question can be Seen here
      My claim.jpg
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

You have an apostrophe in the filename. If you take that out and ensure your image is within the size limits specified in the sticky threads at the top of the forum, all should be fine ;)

The resolution is better here than on FB, so its worth trying again :)
    • CommentAuthorPerryC
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2018

Slightly better. It doesn't help I have been I am trying to do stuff too fast....I needs to slow down a bit.
    • CommentAuthorPerryC
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2018 edited

The latest version. Played with the scale of the structures to make them more visible, as well as added a slight glow to highlight them. Well, except for one, I haven't figured out how to give that village in the top right a glow, and have it still been partially hidden like I would like it too be. I have tried a variety of sheet combos to get it all pretty. Have yet to experiment with grouping to see if that helps.

High Resolution here
    • CommentAuthorPerryC
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2018

Not really a big deal to me, the little story I have cooked up for this when I am "done" its an unknown...
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2018

You've realised the beauty of symbols - they don't have to be life-size because they are symbols.

Nice looking map. I'm looking forward to the story :)