Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthordagorhir
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2018

I know this has probably been asked before but the search in the forum is all but useless.

I've been trying to copy an entity from a drawing representing one level to another drawing representing another level. I need the entity to be copied exactly v(coordinates, sheet and layer).

So far, I've not manage to find the trick to do this.

Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I think this may be covered in the User Manual, but here it is anyway.

1. Use Copy from the Edit menu.
    2. Select all the things you want to copy, and right click then 'Do it'
    3. When you are prompted for a copy origin (command line) type 0,0 (zero comma zero), to pick the origin at the bottom left corner of the map.
    4. Use Paste from the Edit menu.
    5. When you are prompted for a past origin (command line) type 0,0 again to paste the copy in exactly the same place as it was in the first map.
    • CommentAuthordagorhir

Strange how this doesn't work every time. Maybe it's the ctrl-C/ctrl-V doesn't work quite the same as selecting the function in the edit menu. My first try using this gave me "clipboard" is empty message. It finally worked after a few attempts but I had to close (without saving) both maps and open them again.

A little unstable but I eventually got what I wanted.

Thanks for the quick response.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

It can help to use the actual menu items instead of keyboard shortcuts, and you can also have both maps open at the same time by double clicking one of them when the other is already open :)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

The most common reason for the copy operation to fail (explaining the empty clipboard) is failing to give CC3 a copy origin. If you watch the selection, once you have given it a copy origin (the 0,0 input) a couple of seconds pass, and then the pink highlighting disappears. That signals the end of the copying operation.
    • CommentAuthorzzzbest
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2018

Is there a way to copy from one sheet to another?
    • CommentAuthorJensen

right click on the ‚copy‘ button on the left, select ‚copy to sheet‘
    • CommentAuthorzzzbest

Thanks jensen!!