Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hello,

I have a number of maps for ASL, but I am struggling to get them to print with the size hexes I want. I wish them to be the same size as the ASL maps.
    What I am I missing?
    How do I need to set the printer settings?

Thank you!
    (One frustrated mapper)

FYI: the editor is FANTASTIC!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2018

No idea what ASL is or what size hexes it uses, but basically just fill in the correct values in the scale section of the print dialog. Set paper scale equal to the width of one hex on paper, and drawing scale equal to the same distance in your drawing. You can measure the distance in the drawing using Info -> Distance if need be.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern

Monsen: ASL is probably the tactical hex-based board wargame Advanced Squad Leader (Board Game Geek link).
    • CommentAuthorpvernon

When I print game parts which need to be in a scale I figure out what the ground scale is and then print with the correct feet/meters/yards/per printed inch.

See the attached picture of the print selector box. In about the center is the Scaling section, select Scale Factor, set the paper distance to 1 inch (default), set the Drawing Distance to 100yds or what ever ACL uses.

Note: you have to have done your drawings in the ground scale of the game.
      Print.png
    • CommentAuthorpvernon
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2018 edited

An example:
    Note the grid shown is 15m.
      Print example.png
    • CommentAuthorpvernon

What the selector looks like just before printing.
      print example2.png
    Thank you very much; I will download this page and work on it.
    Thank you to all who took the time to answer.