Importing hand drawn

Is there a way to import in a hand drawn map as vectors I can modify and work with inside the City Designer?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited September 2018
    It depends on what you want to do. You won't be able to do lots of small details, but you can do larger terrain features with the CONTOURSM command presented here. Of course, for CONTOURSM to work, your map needs to be clean enough that the command can recognize continuous contours, which really depends a lot on how you made this map in the first place. The quality of your original drawing as well as your scan is really important here. In any case, you'll still need to do manual processing on your map, you can't just give it to CC3+ and get an automated perfect conversion.

For hand drawn maps, I really recommend just importing it as a background image, and then draw a new map in CC3+ on top of it, this allows you to stay faithful to your old map, while getting proper CC3+ entities for everything.
  • Importing the scan as a png is what I did for over a thousand maps. It worked very well. You might want to insert the png on its own sheet and layer.