Break command occasionally doesn't work?

Hi, hoping I can get some help/clarification over an inconsistency with the break command. I was following directions 14 - 17 on page 7 of https://s3.amazonaws.com/aws.profantasy.com/downloads/Tome3Plus_Preview.pdf to create the wall outlines for the rooms on my map, but I've encountered two walls that I can't seem to break. Screenshots of the offending lines below:

I made sure to redraw after every break command execution, confirmed they're all on the same sheet and the two lines doesn't belong to a different polygon I drew...I'm thoroughly stumped on this one.

I've read through the help manual in CC3+ and searched the forum for comparable posts, but unfortunately couldn't find anything that seems to match this specific issue. I'm hoping it's something obvious that I've missed, and I've attached the file in case anyone wants to play around with it. Thanks!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I am not sure why, but I too experience on rare occasions and then that break fails to work properly. The best workaround is to use split instead, just split the line at the two points where you would place the break start and end points, and delete the part in the middle. Make sure you select the correct entity when using split, since after using split the first time, you will be left with two seperate paths, so make sure to select the correct one for the second split operations.

From the file you posted, I also noticed that your breaks in the opening to the left of the one you had problems with, your breaks aren't exact, your lines stick a bit out. Make sure to use modifiers such as endpoint or intersection to accurately place break points to avoid this.
  • Thanks for the tip, I'll give the split command + the modifiers a go!
  • Yea, I do a split too sometimes, but just one and then use trim corners.

Whichever workflow you prefer.
  • Just an update for future confused-folk, the split command + deleting the offending entity worked like a charm. Thanks again for the help!