is fixing 'tire tracks' possible in an existing FT Pro map?

Greetings...

I had created a world with FT Pro some time back, and being not well versed in all of the settings, used some defaults.

The resulting world looked great, land - water proportions, continents, mountains, islands, etc.

The problem I have is with "tire tracks" that are on several sections of the map.

A bigger problem is that I have built some elaborate story lines around the world that I have now, and would so 'not' like to throw it away and start again.

I found a tutorial referring to these tracks, and it mentioned that the "tire track" artifacts were a result of using the "ridged multifractal" function...
.. and that the "wilbur ridged multifractal" function would yield better results, without the artifacts.

The questions that I have are:

1- can the tire tracks be easily removed from the existing map by some FT Pro setting?
(had planned on doing some extensive photoshop work)

2- is there a way to use the current map / seed / settings, and generate the same world using the "wilbur ridged multifractal" function?
(maintaining the current shape of the coastlines and mountain locations)
(have tried several variations of settings, but don't seem to get the same world)

3- is there a possibility to fix this by exporting this world into another program?

4- does anyone have any other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance for any and all comments.

..ciao..

Comments