Saving arcs on sheets

Hi all,

I'm using the arc command to draw in air currents on my political sheet for a world I'm working on. When I save and then reload the map, the arcs I have drawn are gone. Can anyone give me some guidance on how to do this without losing my work?

Thanks.

Comments

• Sheets. They determine order of what you see on the map.

Sea
    Land
    Symbols

The Sea gets drawn first, then the land and then the symbols.

So if your arcs are on the sea sheet, they will be under the land.

You can hide a sheet, one at a time, until you find your arcs again.

Under Change Properties, left side, you can move them to a higher sheet, which is lower in the list.

Why lower ? Because the sheet in the top of the list gets drawn first, and the sheet at the botom of the list, in the sheet requestor top of the software, gets drawn last.
  • Hi Jim,

Thanks for commenting on this. I feel really dumb now, as I had tried hiding a variety of sheets to find it, but I just did as you suggested and found them immediately. I had forgotten the land could be drawn on top of things.

Autumn
  • No problem, we all make mistakes. I'll not mention the terrific ones I have made.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I did something similar when I first started. I kept putting rivers on the map, and they just kept disappearing. I got really mad with it and shut down for the day. The next day I remembered that I had moved the sheets around a bit, so I went looking for all those rivers I'd drawn.

I couldn't help but giggle when I found them all in a huge blue scribble-spider with a million legs - hiding under the land sheet :P
  • Posted By: JimPNo problem, we all make mistakes. I'll not mention the terrific ones I have made.
    If I start a new thread, will you share?
  • I have conveniently forgotten them... but just look around these forums, several years ago and the same with the old Yahoo group if its still around, and you will find them readily enough.