Creating Curved Stairs

Hey ProFantasy Brain Trust,

I used to know how to create curved stairs but I've forgotten - can anyone give me a step-by-step proccess for generating them? Thanks!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited August 2018
    There are lots of spiral staircase symbols in DD3. And more in the third party collections. Wouldn't one of those be better than drawing one from scratch?
  • edited August 2018
    Because I don't mix-and-match symbol styles. There is a way to take a symbol and repeat it across a defined line, creating custom spiral stairs of any dimension/length.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    The classic symbol is a circular array of radii on a 3/4 arc. Use Draw>>Arc with Center and Radius (ARCR) to draw an arc that's 3/4 of a circle, Draw one radius using Draw>>Path with Path (LINE), then make a circular array or those lines at the center of the staircase by right-clicking on copy and selecting circular array (CARY). If you want solid segments that can colored individually, then you can make a circular array of wedges instead (wedge is on Draw>>Arc).
  • Thanks J - do you know the trick for taking a stair symbol (for example, one of Schleys) and repeating it in such a way that it curves along a predfined path?
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    The ESC command will place symbols along a path (I don't know the equivalent on the menus). SYMFILL will place symbols in an area.