Fixing blocky bitmap fills

mslFtgk.png

Ok, I seem to remember a thread about a setting to change in order to fix graphics like the one above. I think that the problem was that CC3+ was basically using the low-res version all the time.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2018
    Three potential issues, in order of probablility;
    - Either the map is using old-style references to the installation directory (#) instead of the data directory (@). Can easily be fixed by running the FFIX command (type it on the command line) and then redraw the map. A text window will also show up when running FFIX, so you can easily see if anything was changed

- CC3+ is using the wrong resolution for the textures. Click the display speed button, and make sure textures aren't being forced to be in low quality. If they are, fix it, if they aren't, hit the fill style resolutions button and reduce the numbers. Try dividing them by 10.

- This can also be caused if the scaled value for the fill is set to a way to high value. You can check this from the fill style dialog.
  • Thank you, Monsen!

Forcing FIXED BITMAP QUALITY - VERY HIGH was my fast solution. I think that lowering fill resolution allows Automatic to work.