Align Stroke Options

Is there a way to align the strokes other than centre? For example if I drew a poly could I chose to have the stroke either Centre, Inside, or Outside? With a path can I chose to have the stroke Centre, Left, or Right?

If this is not an option can it be considered for the future?

Instance where this would be helpful. If drawing a dungeon and halfway through your design you decided to increase the wall width for some reason from 0.5 to 0.75 the actual width of the corridor is lessened where if you could choose your stroke alignment the width would increase away from the edge of the wall not affecting the rest of the map dimensions.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Ummm… You had me a bit confused when you started talking about strokes :)

I think you mean lines (a vector that joins two nodes)?

As far as I know there is not. I also have a much longer history of using bitmap apps than I do vector apps. I also find it occasionally awkward that the width of a line is always centred on the position of the line, but I have learned to work around it.

For example, if I draw a line defining the exact proportions of a space and want the wall around it to be 2 feet wide, I either draw the line exactly 1 foot further out than the floor space and set the line width to 2 feet, or I use a line with 0 width and create a second line 2 feet further away from the floor using the Draw/Offset tool (Draw menu), and setting the offset distance to 2 feet. Then I use those two lines to create a polygon, which I then fill with the required fill.

The first method is preferable, since its not quite so tricky to adjust if I later decide that the wall should be 4 feet thick instead of only 2 feet thick.