star map backgorund

Hi,

I have a problem with my star map background and haven’t found a post about this topic in the forum.

I use the annual system stars.fct background. This has some nice little star dots and clouds. After I finished my starmap I exported the map with a very high solution to a png-file.
As you can see in the screenshot I don’t get a stylish background. I have regular “clouds” and the background is gone.
It looks great when I draw the picture in CC3+ but it gets lost during the export.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    This happen because the bitmap isn't scaled. This causes it to appear different on a screen, which is a very low resolution compared to an export.

Click the fill style indicator on your status bar, and go to the bitmap files tab. The fill used by the background for that particular template should be CA22_Starfield_01 so find that in the list, and then enable the Scaled option for it. You may need to tweak the width and Height values for it to make it look correct on the screen again, but once that is done, it should look identical on screen, exports and prints.
  • Thank you very much, Monsen.
    It worked perfect. :-)