Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthormrgrimm
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2018

Hello all,

I am attempting to make a new overland map with CC3+. I get into the options for the land mass and then advanced options. I click on options for the fractal and it crashes to desktop. I tried it several times and it does the same thing. I have all the addons installed in CC3+.I do have CC3 installed as well with no addons and it works fine in there. I know I am leaving a big open door where problems could be so sorry about that. Does anyone have any idea as to why it keeps crashing to the desktop? Thanks in advance.

"What a nice night for an evening." - Steven Wright
      options.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

What is your CC3+ version number? Check under Help > About.

Does it only happen with that tool? If not, does it also happen on another type of map, like a Dungeon cave tool?
    • CommentAuthormrgrimm

I have attached a screenshot.
      Version.png
    • CommentAuthormrgrimm

Does the same thing with Dungeon Designer and Cosmographer.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

My Advanced button for CC3+ is at the bottom of the landmass requestor. Why is yours at the upper right ? I also have version 3.84.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2018 edited

Lets see, in Cosmo it does appear upper right. I click on options with fractal to the left of it, and it doesn't crash.

edit: I checked all of the other 'Draw method' to the left of options. No crash.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I can't replicate the problem either, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. It may be some other setting that's different between all our PCs ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2018 edited

I suspect your CC3PlusCfg.xml file which saves the Fractal options might have a corrupt setting. Try replacing it with this version. It's located in your CC3+ data folder, usually C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\.

Ciao,
    Ralf
    • CommentAuthormrgrimm
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2018

Well first off there was no Profantasy folder in ProgramData. I created the folder and still did the same thing. I would have to assume that it is because there wasn't a Profantasy folder in ProgramData.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2018 edited

When you installed CC3+, did you change the location of the destination folders, or did you leave everything at default values?

EDIT: reason for asking is that the 'Profantasy' folder usually found in ProgramData is created during installation. If you can run the app at all then the 'Profantasy' folder must have been installed elsewhere. The app won't run without it, since it contains all the graphics, menus, symbols... practically everything.

Maybe you can find it by doing a search for it on C drive?
    • CommentAuthormrgrimm

I changed it to a different drive. I like to keep Windows only on one drive.
    • CommentAuthormrgrimm

and replacing it on that drive now seems to work. Thanks greatly! Woo Hoo love this community.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Ah!

So you need to find the Profantasy folder by searching on the other drive ;)

Here is a screen shot of the approximate contents of the folder so that you get the right one.
      Screen shot.jpg
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Oops! A bit slow opening GIMP to prepare the screen shot for you :)

Glad to hear you found it!
    • CommentAuthormrgrimm

As an Aside to take screenshots I use Lightshot. Very powerful and best of all completely free. Just mentioning it because I don't have to open another program to edit the screenshot. All done from inside it. Literally took me 30 secs to take the first pirst and put the circle around the options button.
    https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Never heard of it before, but when I get my new PC I will remember to install it for future use. Thanks for the link :)
    • CommentAuthortaustinoc

Lightshot looks interesting, but I think I'll stick with Screeenpresso, which has a (also free) portable version that requires no installation.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Thanks Ralf :)

You did the business end of things. Jim and I just kind of nudged a bit from the side lines :)
    • CommentAuthormrgrimm

Screenpresso looks good as well. I learned about new software today. Anytime I learn about new software is a good time.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I just use PrtScrn and pastev into Irfanview.