Changing number of levels to Dungeon after the fact

Just getting started with the Dungeon Creator--I have created a "test dungeon" just to get used to everything and I actually like what I created and what to expand--however, when I originally set up the Dungeon I did not add a basement or upper levels.

Can I either (easiest) reset the original settings to the Dungeon--add a basement and two upper levels? If so how?

If not, is there an easy way to copy my work from one saved dungeon and then add it to another (I am thinking a clipboard kind of like in Word).

Thanks

Comments

• Just make another map. Have the stairs on both maps, or whatever means you connect them, labeled the same.

Say for the first floor, there is a ramp, or spiral stair case down to the basement. Just add a text label 'down to basement' on the first floor drawing.

On the basement drawing label it, 'up to first floor'.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    To elaborate on what JimP says here. When you select to add multiple levels in the new map dialog, all that does is to create multiple maps for you, one for each level. The only advantage to doing it from there instead of simply creating the maps for each level one by one is that it throws in a navigation bar with links you can click on to jump from map to map. That is easy to add later though, so just create new maps for your additional floors.

And if you need to copy something from one map to another, the clipboard is there, just use Edit -> Copy and Edit -> Paste. Just make sure to keep an eye on the command line when doing this, many people fail to get the copy to work simply because they didn't finish the process.
  • GThielGThiel Surveyor
    edited August 2018
    Copy and paste works well. I would also suggest that before you do you hide any sheets that have symbols on them that you don't want to copy; such as the map border and background. It is a very nice feature that you can have more than one copy of CC3+ running at the same time. Thus you can bring up your original map in one version, and start a new map in the other and copy and paste from the original to the new.

Here is a building that I used copy and paste to create the upper level. After finishing the ground level, I created a second map of the same size, then copy and pasted the ground level to the first level map. This gave me the basic shape and size of everything and then I was able to go in and change interior walls and roofs to finish the first level.