Overlaying Terrain Types

The situation is i want to have various terrain types eg forests, hills, urban areas overlapping with other terrains and not loose one beneath the other. Anyone done similar or know of a method of doing it.

Nicki

PS. I've included a copy of the area and have maked the various areas where i'm having problems.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Are you using CC2 or CC3 for this map. I ask because the map doesn't contain any CC3-required features or defaults.

If you are indeed using CC2, I don't think there are any good ways of doing it, except perhaps define a drawing tool that has the combined properties of the overlapping parts (Find a color that looks like a mix between the other two), and use this to create the overlapping areas.
    In CC3, I would take advantage of map effects, and define transparency for some of the terrain types, allowing them to overlap other terrain types without obscuring them completely. To do this, you need to set up a proper set of sheets in the map, and add some sheet effects to the terrain sheets.