Square Fill not matching grid scale

On page 248 of the Tome, it describes creating a grid that appears just on the floor - very cool.

However, I'm having trouble in that the grid that's created is close-to but not exactly on the same lines as the official hex/square grid.

How can I adjust it to match?

Comments

• Did you use snap? Did the grid and the snap have the same offset start?

Just like any other entity, you can move the grid, you just have to use the On/End/etc modifiers to make sure you get them exact.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The fill grid you are using here is a fill property of the entity, and as such, the origin point for this grid is the lower left corner of your room. The only way to line this up is to ensure the lower left corner of the room is placed precisely on a corner of the main grid. If you followed that tutorial in the Tome through, you might also have seen that a bit of extra work was requied just to make the grid line up with each other across all the rooms, which is essentially down to the exact same cause.
    I don't really recommend using bot a normal grid and this fill grid in the same drawing though, that will quickly cause issues like this.

(You could also edit the symbol the grid is based on to get things to sync up, you would need to measure the offset you need by measuring the distance from the lower left corner of your room to the grid corner, and then place the top horizontal line of the symbol that amount from the bottom of the symbol)
  • Actually, the US doesn't use the Imperial system of measurement, we us US Customary.

They are close, but not the same. They are significantly different in Volume and Weight.
    1 liquid US gallon = .833 Imperial gallon
    1 dry US gallon = .968 Imperial gallon
    (Yea, wet vs dry gallons, ugh!)
    1 US ton = 2000 lbm where 1 British ton = 2260 lbm

And no, we don't like it either, but it's what people know (even though we "went metric" in 1976, people and businesses just refused). And people are stubborn.
  • Well, just spoil me story then. :-)
  • Posted By: LordEntrailsActually, the US doesn't use the Imperial system of measurement, we us US Customary.

They are close, but not the same. They are significantly different in Volume and Weight.
    1 liquid US gallon = .833 Imperial gallon
    1 dry US gallon = .968 Imperial gallon
    (Yea, wet vs dry gallons, ugh!)
    1 US ton = 2000 lbm where 1 British ton = 2260 lbm

And no, we don't like it either, but it's what people know (even though we "went metric" in 1976, people and businesses just refused). And people are stubborn.
    I should have been more specific. I meant distances are much the same. Of course, there is the 'old' adage of a light year being expressed in fortnights per furlong.
  • Posted By: JimP
    I should have been more specific. I meant distances are much the same. Of course, there is the 'old' adage of a light year being expressed in fortnights per furlong.
    But what is that in Smoots per Friedman?
  • Having thoroughly hijacked this topic from its original intent, I recall that in high-school physics classes we came up with speed measures like "footsteps per second"...
  • Sorry Jim, I posted that answer in the wrong thread :0
  • Posted By: LordEntrailsSorry Jim, I posted that answer in the wrong thread :0
    I was becoming cofused as well. Just finished the antibiotics for my surgery less than 2 weeks ago. 'Will cure infections' followed by a few hundred words on possible side effects.