Difference Between Screen and Export

So I use CC3 natively during games, and I have noticed a difference between my screen and export.

Any settings I can change to fix this? I used a wall tool to create the city walls, and there are gaps on the screen (and its even worse zoomed out)

But if I export it, it looks fantastic.

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    If you look closely at the export, you will see that the gaps are still there. In both cases, the gap looks to be one pixel across. On the screenshot, one pixel is very much larger than on the export, so it shows more clearly. I would say that you have a zero-width solid line around those entities that's causing the issue. Removing that line should resolve the problem. Changing how the walls are drawn to make them single entities would also work, but I'll leave a discussion of that to folks more familiar with those techniques.
  • SkidAceSkidAce Traveler
    Interesting. I used the wall making tool from an annual. I will look into tweaking it to reduce that pixel gap.

Thanks for the info.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I have a feeling that Joe may have been referring to using a different method to draw walls, such as lines instead of symbols.

I may be wrong ;)

Personally, I can't really see the gap in the rendered map - at least, not enough for it to worry me or draw my attention that much.
  • GThielGThiel Surveyor
    When I have issues with something like this, I shift one of the symbols over just a little bit, one pixel, to overlap. Not enough to notice, but the gap disappears.
  • SkidAceSkidAce Traveler
    The export is acceptable. It how fugly it looks when I'm working on it that drives me batty.

I kinda use CC3+ itself as my viewer during games, and would like it to look proper.

By the way, load the CA63 Walls symbol set, and the first one is a "tool" that draws the walls when you click first point and second point.