Sheets and Effects will not render

Hey all, I wanted to do a test render of a map I have been working on so after I clicked on "Activate SHeets and Effects" in the window, nothing changed. I thought maybe it was due to the size so I exported it as a rect. png and it went through the export as if it was processing the effects but once again nothing showed up in the final .png.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Not sure exactly why, but one of the entities on your TEMPLATE layer seem to cause the effect sizing to be off (all your effect sizes is based on percentage of the map size, which normally is good, but for some reason it seemed like CC3+ wasn't gettign the map size properly, which messed with the calculation). The easy fix is to just hide the TEMPLATE layer, no need to have it shown.

The main function of the TEMPLATE layer is to hold a small point on every sheet, just to keep these sheets alive when saving (Only sheets with actual entities on them are actually saved, so this make sure you get the correct sheet setup when starting a new map)
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited August 2018
    When I open the map, its comes up Selected Sheet, instead of Whole Drawing, in the sheet popup for Effects.

But I don't see any difference either.

edit:

Something is happening... without effects, 1.23 megabye file. With effects 1.27 megabytes.

edit 2:

I did get changes/effects to show by adding Inner Glow to land, etc. So effects are going on, but I'm nort sure why the originals are now showing.

Could it be the effect's scale not matching the drawing scale ?
  • suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
    the sheet effects are working for me after a little mod of some settings , i used the forest as an example

Rob
  • suntzusuntzu Betatester Traveler
    I have just rendered your full map , it was a little large and did take 20 mins on my machine , the png file size was 60meg but it did render with my forest glow mod ok