WIP - Igni-Curso Island

Well, actually it's stalled for almost a year now, because I got tired of placing mountain symbols and had lost all my inspiration to continue.

I started drawing this island in photoshop using A5 Wacom tablet. Though my skills aren't skills at all, I really like it: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqiYMgCb-Stcip0wcjIBeKXVY60Adw. Then I discussed the idea of playing an adventure about shipwreck survivors with one of my players. He was totally into it and suggested to team up. We are still working on this hell of a campaign. DMing a duet sounds like fun. ^__^

So. The island consists of three main areas and a special zone. The first one is ready. The forests are half-elven clans' territory, rich in ancient ruins, acrawl with strange beasts, imbued with magic. The second could be ready in any time should I find my daemon. Great mountains where one will get lost and die without a guide, where one can fall into a bottomless pit or find a lake of the dead. The third one lies behind the damn mountains. Meadows and streams, vast plains and rolling hills, elves and their beautiful towns. Then, the special area. The intriguing place our brave adventurers will reach someday. Maybe. An active volcano. A dragon's nest. Their only way to get away from this island surrounded by primeval magic that conceals it from outlanders (humans, orcs and even elves). With one exception. Azure elves are free to sail through the barrier and if they are willing to help anyone can travel with them. Not sure about what will happen if one tries to sneak aboard a ship to travel without paying a fare. No one has attempted so far.

There are no other dragons in that world. Only wyverns and the like. The world itself is a patchwork made by long forgotten gods from another, ancient ancient world.

Here you can see a sort of changelog on this map: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqiYMgCb-Stcip0vqZhkkp9UUngj9g

P.S. It's my second overland map and the first one with symbols.
Loopysue

Comments